Washing instructions will vary, depending on if your wig is human hair or synthetic.¬† Most wigs are made of synthetic hair, allowing for the easiest washing and styling.¬† Determine if your wig is synthetic or human hair and follow the appropriate care instructions below.
- Gently brush the wig thoroughly with a wig brush.
- Add one tablespoon of wig shampoo to a sink filled with cold water.
- Immerse wig for one minute and agitate gently. Do not rub.
- Rinse the wig gently in cold clear water twice or until thoroughly rinsed.
- Blot the wig gently with a towel. Do not squeeze or wring.
- Apply conditioning spray very lightly over wig, spraying 10-12 inches from the wig.
- Allow the wig to air dry on a slender object like a can of hairspray or a shampoo bottle covered with a hand towel.¬† Styrofoam heads may stretch the cap.
- Do not use a hair dryer. Air dry only.¬† You may gently style the wig with your fingertips.
- Brush wig only when completely dry. Do not allow the wig to dry in direct sunlight.
To achieve a natural appearance and unique color variations, all human hair wigs are chemically processed.¬† To give your wig the longest life, it is very important to use sulfate-free hair care products that are specifically made for chemically processed hair.¬† To wash your human hair wig, follow these steps:
- Detangle the wig using a wig brush or comb.¬† Start at the ends and work upwards to the base of the cap.
- Rinse the wig in cold water, with the water flowing in the same direction of the hair to avoid tangling.¬† Do¬†not¬†soak your human hair wig in a basin.¬† This will cause the hair to tangle and mat together.
- Using your fingertips and phosphate free shampoo specifically for human hair wigs, distribute the shampoo evenly throughout the hair.
- Rinse with cold water to remove shampoo.¬† Rinse so that the water is flowing in the same direction as the hair.
- Remove excess water by gently patting with a towel.¬†Do not wring or squeeze.
- Condition the wig with wig conditioner, using your fingertips to distribute the conditioner evenly throughout the hair.
- Remove the conditioner by rinsing with cold water.¬† To remove excess water, pat gently with a soft towel.¬† Do not squeeze or wring.¬† Allow the wig to air dry on a folding wig stand or a tall can of hairspray.
Sign up¬†for email today and receive 10% off your next purchase!