Ponies have come a long way since the 20th Century when women in Europe were rarely seen outside their dressing rooms with this informal style. The modern-day ponytail is not just a simple style anymore, it can be transformed into a multitude of beautiful updo’s. Ponies can add instant polish and let you dress your hair to match your mood.
Why Wear a Pony?
Which Style is Right for Me?
- First, choose your texture. Do you prefer to wear your hair straight, wavy or curly?
- Next, choose your part. Where you decide to divide your hairline will make an enormous difference in your pony’s style. Will you part your hair to the side, right down the middle, or sleeked back?
- If your indecisive like me, you always have the option of wearing your hair in a half-up, half-down style
- The final step in choosing your pony style is its height. Wearing a low pony tends to be a more modern, sleeker, yet sophisticated style. Higher ponies are great for providing women with “mini” facelifts by creating tension on the face and emphasis on the cheekbones.
How Do I Spice Up My Pony?
- If your hair is too short for the traditional pony, use a hairpiece. They are fast and easy to use. Watch our video — Clip-Ons
- Add volume with a product like Bumpit.
- Don’t just stick to plain elastics to tie up your pony! Try hair claws, hair barrettes, banana clips, and even those old brooches that are sitting inside your jewelry box! (my advice, please just avoid old scrunchies)
Keep these pointers in mind the next time you want a quick-fix to your hair woes or want a fabulous updo for a special night!
For more info on ponies visit: